Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Projector

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Projector
* Peter Brooks (peter@???) wrote:
> Hello everyone, hope someone can help me here.
>
> As part of the gaming association here at Keele University we run
> console nights, of which we use hdtv's,tvs and a projector to play
> lots of games.
> Anyway the projector we have been borrowing has had the owner request
> 20 quid per 3 hour session to cover replacement bulbs, this I can
> understand given the cost of replacement bulbs.
>
> Hence we're looking into buying our own projector that will suit our
> needs, we don't need a brilliant projector as we use a wall for the
> screen. Just something that projects from game consoles (ie phono's)
> and has cheap replacement bulbs or even has a bulb lifetime of about
> 20 weeks of our usage, ie 60hours.

If you know somebody who is handy with the DIY, you could always
build one. I read an article on the web some time back where they
removed the LCD panel from an old 15" monitor, and mounted it on an
overhead projector. These projectors are cheap, and the lamps are
even cheaper!

--
Philip Stubbs
http://www.stuphi.co.uk