Re: [Hampshire] Re: Hampshire Digest, Vol 12, Issue 13 - ADS…

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: Hampshire Digest, Vol 12, Issue 13 - ADSL broadband works with phone extensions?
On Tue October 9 2007 16:52, David Bilson wrote:
> I'm no expert on this, but I have set up ADSL a few times for friends and
> work colleagues.
>
> The master normally has a plate with 2 srews.
>
> You should put a master on all points with a phone. Therefore if you have
> a master and also a phone point in an office you will need 2 ADSL
> splitters.
>
> This is what I have always done and I haven't had any problems yet. The
> answer to your question is that yes you will still be able to recieve
> phone calls.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Dave Bilson
>
> PS
>
> Hope to see some of you at the next South West LUG meeting.
>

> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@???

The problem with this is it has only been the last couple of years that BT has
been fitting master sockets, we have 12 ADSL at works (not on one site) and
only one of them has a master socket where you can take a small plate off to
reveal the master socket (for testing purposes according to BT). All the rest
are standard BT phone sockets. Those 12 are a mix of home phone conversions,
ISDN conversion to PSTN (for ADSL) and new lines put in for ADSL.

Tim

Listen & Record Music from Internet Radio - Get Free Radio & MP3 Player & Recorder
Learn more at http://www.inbox.com/radio