Re: [Hampshire] Domain name registrations

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domain name registrations

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Philip Stubbs wrote:

> I don't really want to get too involved. However, I would like to
> give some good advice. Therefore, can anybody recommend a good company
> that he can go to that will offer domain name registration and
> hosting, with email forwarding or possibly email hosting.
>
> He does not need or want web hosting. All he is after is a more
> professional email address than a hotmail one!

I've used 1&1 for simple domain name registration and they seem to be ok.

http://www.1and1.co.uk/

They provide cheap domain name registration and DNS management which is what I
really wanted, but also offer a full range of other services including fairly
cheap email forwarding, IMAP/POP3 and webmail.

Andy