Re: [Hampshire] Domain name registrations

Top Page
Author: rob
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domain name registrations

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5860c100.hantslug.org.uk.9699': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Oct 13 10:00:07 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 4CADEAF1890E8608
On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 17:00 +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:51:58 +0100, rob@??? said:
>
> > I've used http://www.freeparking.co.uk/ for several domains without
> > issue. They even give you access to your DNS record which most of the
> > cheap and nasty ones don't.
>
> I stopped using freeparking some years ago because updates did not
> propagate to all of their servers. I took this up with them at the time,
> but (despite me showing output from nslookup or dig, I forget which, that
> proved the updates weren't happening), they refused to do anything. They
> may have changed in the interim, but with so many good domain registration
> sites around, I wouldn't take the chance with freeparking.

Ho hum, As I said, I've been using them hassle free for many years
without issue. As with anything there are no right answers.

Rob.