[Hampshire] [OT] Audacity trick

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Audacity trick
Hi all

Is anyone any good with Audacity? I'm remastering an old tape and I've
just remember that (be it recorded 18 years ago or my having a fairly naff
stereo at the time) the right channel is largely hiss. Given I'm not too
bothered about the quality - what I'd ideally like to do is "double up" the
left channel so I effectively lose the stereo and have the left signal
playing out of both speakers.

I do realise I could use some tricks on Audacity to turn down the hiss and
turn up what signal as there is on the right channel - but I suspect my
method is far simpler. Besides which, as I say, the right signal is
something like 80% hiss and 20% music so not worth it.

So is this possible and if so how? I can't see anything obvious on the
effects menu.

Cheers
Rob