Re: [Hampshire] Perl warning

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Perl warning

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x570c1100.hantslug.org.uk.10560': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Oct 16 15:01:57 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 02:29:27PM +0100, John Lewis wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:05:20 +0100
> Hugo Mills <hugo@???> wrote:
> >    dpkg-reconfigure locales should also ask you which locale you
> > want to set as a system-wide default.

> It did and I told it to use en_GB.utf-8 (I had used dpkg-reconfigure

.utf-8 or .UTF-8?

> locales to remove all the European countries included by default
> during installation)

Next thing to do, then, is run "locale" and see what that comes up
with. I have:

hrm@varney:/var/www/carfax.org.uk$ locale
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
[lots more...]

You may have to restart X, or even reboot, to get it to pick up the
new settings permanently system-wide. If you don't want to do that for
now, you can hack things around in your .profile, .bash_profile or
.bashrc, but I wouldn't recommend that as a permanent solution.

Hugo.

   --- To an Englishman, 100 miles is a long way;  to an American, ---
                        100 years is a long time.