Re: [Hampshire] Installing acroread and opera

Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Installing acroread and opera
On Wednesday 17 Oct 2007, john lewis wrote:

> currently acroread ver 8.11
>
> The Adobe version of acroread 7.0 wanted to report back which pdf's
> you had opened and the Debian version removed this spyware stuff
> (some javascript) so I have used the debianised version since.
>
> See: http://lwn.net/Articles/129729/

Disabling most of the Acrobat reader plug-ins is usually a good idea anyway,
otherwise you can usually go and brew a cup of tea while Acrobat loads. It's
something I do on my work boxes where IT install everything and turn
everything on...

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Considering the number of wheels Microsoft has found reason
to invent, one never ceases to be baffled by the minuscule
number whose shape even vaguely resembles a circle.
    -- anon, on Usenet