Re: [Hampshire] Gnome save / open dialogue

Author: Charlie de Courcy
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Gnome save / open dialogue

James Ashburner said the following on 16/10/07 20:33:
> Adrian Bridgett wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 15:22:44 +0100 (+0100), Stuart Sears wrote:
>>> oh you can complain, but you'll probably just be told that you're not
>>> their "target audience".
>>
>> The dumbing down of interfaces, removal of any options seems to be a
>> common symptom these days :-( Perhaps we need a "GNOME for people who
>> aren't scared away by choice" project.
>>
>> Adrian
>
> I believe it's called KDE ;)
>
> James

FYI They have fixed this in the Gutsy release.
I've just upgraded, looks pretty good. A few new features; apparmour
(haven't explored yet), added bluetooth support, boot time reduced (no
hanging on network/wireless interfaces), automatic keyring from login etc.

However... beryl doesn't work for me. Everything fires up apart from the
'Window decoration' regardless of whether emerald or GTK is selected.
Trying to solve this at the moment, would be interested to hear if I'm
the only one.
I've had this problem before (FC6 - I'm just trying to find the
appropriate work-around).

Charlie