Re: [Hampshire] Backup strategies

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Backup strategies
Andy Smith wrote:
> Just making clear that nothing I do or say is in any way
> representing Jacqui Caren. Apparently there was some confusion at
> some point that I did speak on behalf of Jacqui Caren.

Ok, well I for one missed all that. Head in a book or server or something
and has since been decommissioned:-) Was useful for work in the end.

> If you have access to the subscriber-only mail archive before it was
> made public then you will find it here:
>
> https://mailman.lug.org.uk/mailman/private/hants/2006-June/057420.html

I see the thread, don't really get the argument in it, however these
things are always more intense at the time I guess:-/

>> I mention this, perhaps naively, as new and existing members may fear
>> that
>> the same will happen to them if they voice an opinion that has led to
>> this
>> odd signature...
>
> It is possible, yes, if people suggest that I am in some way
> speaking on their behalf. I must say however, that this hasn't been
> a problem before or since.

You weren't standing up for Jacqui or backing her up on any particular
point at the time.

Ok, well it kinda makes sense, just thought I'd ask:) where's the aspirin?

Damian

--
Damian Brasher
www.diap.org.uk "Aiming to protect mission critical data: 'You can't afford