Re: [Hampshire] list moderation?

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] list moderation?
> I think the idea was for the community to be self-policing.

Absolutely.

The software we use promotes Freedom. Freedom has to be the central
philosophical plank of all our activities here. How bizarre it would be,
then, not to have that Freedom in our discussions.

Freedom of discussion will lead to occasional spats - that's life. It's
much preferable to a sanitised environment where everything must be
checked for appropriate conformity to the current Politically Correct
Viewpoints,

I for one am not interested in any more moderation than we already have[1].

Vic.

[1] The moderators do actually guide the list; I was once asked to stop
posting to a particular thread that had gone somewhat off-target. And *in
that case*, I was more than happy to comply.