Re: [Hampshire] list moderation?

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] list moderation?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57c8d100.hantslug.org.uk.24265': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Oct 29 18:24:28 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
Hi Damian,

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 12:50 +0000, Damian Brasher wrote:
> This is something I said in the previous post:
>
> "That I see in this exchange is a member, who is probably quite able to
> stand up for herself,"

"but then continue to bring it up on the list on her behalf anyway"!

> This feels badly thought out and asking for trouble - I was not around to
> comment and have explained why.

The LUG should change mailing list policy at the drop of a hat because
you weren't around for previous discussions?

> I will listen to what you have said and
> aim for the next AGM. The fact that the list has been highly unmoderated
> by design is a bit of a shock!

It _is_ moderated. We have mailing list moderators. It's just that your
opinion of the questionable content of a mail differs from the opinion
of the moderators.

> This explains a lot and also explains why I
> feel disappointed with the list moderators, Ian and Alan,

Ian and myself are _not_ the mailing list administrators.

> who seem to be
> doing nothing which has led me to distrust them. Why why why did the
> committee think it a reasonable decision to have so little pro-active
> moderation????

Calm down Damian. You are (IMO) making WAY too much out of this.

Cheers,
Al.