Re: [Hampshire] list moderation?

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] list moderation?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56a48100.hantslug.org.uk.20593': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Oct 29 13:03:38 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Damian,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 12:50:29PM -0000, Damian Brasher wrote:
> This explains a lot and also explains why I feel disappointed with
> the list moderators, Ian and Alan, who seem to be doing nothing
> which has led me to distrust them.

I think the idea was for the community to be self-policing. As such
the moderators' roles would mostly be restricted to approving held
messages and stuff like that, not actually having very much
influence in what gets posted by who. In such a setup the most they
would do is ask for wildly offtopic threads to be ended and so on..

> Why why why did the committee think it a reasonable decision to
> have so little pro-active moderation????

Can you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by "pro-active
moderation"?

I don't think this idea has EVER been discussed on this list.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB

My words are my own and do not represent Jacqui Caren.