Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Amiga demos

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Amiga demos
On Saturday 03 November 2007 16:52:53 Rob Malpass wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Just sorting through some stuff and amongst other things I was close to
> chucking out was my old Amiga 500. Flipping through my old disks, I found
> a few demos - things like Dolphin Dreams from 1991. It got me wondering
> if this "art" has died out.... Are there such things as graphics and sound
> demos nowdays? I'd guess since "standard hardware" such as the Amiga died
> out - so has the "demo", but thought I'd ask.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demoscene
http://www.linuxdemos.org/

Several demos came with my graphics card a few years back. Big
games have quite a few 'demos' (the various Eve trailers are a good
example). There's also films like "Elephants Dream", which is
not much different from a demo really.

The closest I've seen in style to the old Amiga demos these days
are the various screensavers you can get.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???