Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Amiga demos

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Amiga demos
On Sat November 3 2007 16:52, Rob Malpass wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Just sorting through some stuff and amongst other things I was close to
> chucking out was my old Amiga 500. Flipping through my old disks, I found
> a few demos - things like Dolphin Dreams from 1991. It got me wondering
> if this "art" has died out.... Are there such things as graphics and sound
> demos nowdays? I'd guess since "standard hardware" such as the Amiga died
> out - so has the "demo", but thought I'd ask.
>
> Cheers
> Rob

I think the old Demo has made way for the playable demo's of the latest and
greatest version of game X. Many of these are available as downloads or on
magazine DVD\CD's

I know when my brother bought a nvidia graphis card a couple of years ago it
had several demo which showed the level of video that could be played back
along with a couple of graphic type demos shapes morphing into something
else.

Unfortunately he can't try this with his latest nvidia card he bought last
week as his new PC he is building won't display anything (not even
Bios)......................not a happy chappy at the moment

Tim