Re: [Hampshire] Wireless PCI card for Linux

Author: Jim Nicholson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wireless PCI card for Linux
Sean,

Haven't tried it under Gutsy, but I use the RT2500 utility to
configure it for my WPA 802.11g wireless network. It should be
available from the usual repositories.

One thing - make sure your access point is on channel 1 - 11. A
friend of mine converted his laptop to dual boot Ubuntu and could not
get it to see his access point because the access point was on
channel 12.

I'm planning to upgrade the laptop to Gutsy soon (maybe at the lug
meet?) will let you know if there are any funnies vis-a-vis wireless
networking.

Jim