Re: [Hampshire] Strange overflow messages when backing up

Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: Lisi Reisz
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Strange overflow messages when backing up
On Sunday 04 Nov 2007, Lisi Reisz wrote:
<cuts/>

> > Point a browser at:
> >
> > http://packages.debian.org/etch/rsync
> >
> > Follow the link for your architecture at the bottom, that will take you
> > to a page reminding you to use aptitude or synaptic and then save the deb
> > file. Install with sudo dpkg -i rsync-foo-bar-baz.deb (or what ever it's
> > called.
> >
> > Your other problems are not related to rsync, but something else is
> > misaligned somewhere...
>
> Thanks for the reply, Adam. Much appreciated.

Good.

> But I am at a loss to knoiw what to do. *see below. Iceweasel is clearly
> broken - but I can't think what to do about it. It won't uninstall and it
> won't let me ignore it. :-(
>
> All I can do is wait a day or two and hope that the next update or two will
> fix it. And Etch is supposed to be stable. :-(

On my stable Etch boxes Iceweasel works fine on them. They are running on KDE
desktops and they don't have the Acrobat Reader installed. I'll have a look
what I have tomorrow, but it really does work, or else I'd have had
complaints by now!

> Meanwhile, I may try your tip for rsync. I have done it for webmin and am
> still alive!

It's a start.

<cuts/>

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
    -- Napoleon Bonaparte