[Hampshire] Strange overflow messages when backing up

Author: john lewis
To: HantsLUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Strange overflow messages when backing up
On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 09:38:45 +0000
john lewis <johnlewis@???> wrote:

> As you have seen aptitude will try to do more than just installing
> rsync, "apt-get install rsync" would have done just that and
> nothing more. Aptitude on the other hand knows there are problems
> with another package and will try to resolve it. it would have
> installed rsync (and upgraded Iceweasel) if you had said _yes_ to
> the first of the above *****questions****** but because you
> rejected the offered solutions aptitude aborted.
>
> Running aptitude full-upgrade might resolve the other dependency
> problems but I'm not sure why

Oooos! I manage to send this before finishing the sentence. I was
going to say I don't know why the acroread-debian-files could not be
found. If you have the multimedia site set up in your
/etc/apt/sources.list correctly then they it should be found OK

The Opera error can be resolved by using gpg to download the key
mentioned and using apt-key (I think) to add it to the list of keys
apt knows about. I am not sure of the syntax you should use as I
cannot find the command in .bash_history from last time I did it

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package