Re: [Hampshire] apache2 CGI script problem

Author: Alex
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] apache2 CGI script problem
On 11/5/07, Peter Alefounder <p_alefounder@???> wrote:

> Enough is enough. I have removed webmin and apache2 and installed
> apache. I know how to set up a directory for html and cgi files for
> that, just as I had under SuSE 9.1: simple, easy to do, and best of
> all, it works.

I've had absolutely no problems with a similar setup under Apache2. I
recently migrated from Apaceh1.3 to Apache2 when moving VPS solutions, and
90% of it worked OOTB. I've got PHP5, Perl-CGI and Python-CGI (as well as
Django) all running fine. I think your problem here is Webmin (I'd never
trust a PHP application using root; hell, I barely trust most PHP apps as it
is) and not Apache2. If you like I can share my relevant Virtual Host
declaration to see what's different.

I'd recommend manually editing Apache configuration files and not using
Webmin in the future :)

Cheers,

--
Alex Collins