[Hampshire] Ubuntu Gutsy upgrade: problem with loading Nvidi…

Author: Adam Cripps
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: RE: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Gutsy upgrade: problem with loading Nvidiamodule automatically
Subject: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Gutsy upgrade: problem with loading Nvidia module automatically
I've just upgraded to Gutsy, with an old Nvidia GE force card. I have
managed to get X working with Nvidia's installer script (including the
proprietry driver). However, if I manually type

adam@home:~$ sudo insmod
/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-386/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.ko

then I can start gdm as normal. But, when I restart the machine I have
to type this again.

I have nvidia in /etc/modules.

Any ideas how I can get gdm to start without the insmod each time?

TIA
Adam

--
http://www.monkeez.org