[Hampshire] samba permissions

Author: Noble R.M.
To: Hampshire
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] samba permissions
Hi

I have a server installed with Feisty set up as a Domain Controller for
our group at uni here. Everything works fine and everyone can login and
has their own home folder on the server.

The problem is, my supervisor wants to have full read/write access to
everyones home folder, but i'm struggling w.r.t. setting up the smb.conf
file correctly to allow this.

I started by creating a new share of /home for only Brian (my
supervisor) to see and access, but something is not right with
permissions. I have tried various connotations of writeable/read
only/admin user/ etc etc in the smb.conf but its not working.

Does anyone know the correct way to achieve this? Heres an example of
what I have tried. Do I need to use any chmasks?

[brian]

path = /home

browseable = no

writeable = yes