Re: [Hampshire] was Virtual Box

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] was Virtual Box
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:38:21 +0000
Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:

> john lewis wrote:
> > *Most shopping can be done at Hampshire Centre (yeah I know it
> > isn't called that these days but it is the name I remember) which
> > is just along the road.
>
> You've never forgiven that whole Hampshire/Dorset border thing,
> have you John? Time to let it go and move on...

Well it was Hampshire Centre until only a couple of years ago when
they rebuilt it as the near disaster they now call Castlepoint. No one
yet knows what the cost of correcting the building errors that were
made when it was thrown up are going to cost or even when the
remedial works are going to start.

Considering I spend most of my life researching the past I cannot
just move on. Where I live was a part of Southamptonshire for
hundreds of years and has only been moved into Dorset in very recent
times for purely political reasons to provide 'townie' voters for East
Dorset as a counter balance to the more conservative rural population.

</rant>

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package