Re: [Hampshire] was Virtual Box

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] was Virtual Box
john lewis wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:38:21 +0000
> Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:
>

>> john lewis wrote:
>>
>>> *Most shopping can be done at Hampshire Centre (yeah I know it
>>> isn't called that these days but it is the name I remember) which
>>> is just along the road.
>>>
>> You've never forgiven that whole Hampshire/Dorset border thing,
>> have you John? Time to let it go and move on...
>>

> Well it was Hampshire Centre until only a couple of years ago when
> they rebuilt it as the near disaster they now call Castlepoint. No one
> yet knows what the cost of correcting the building errors that were
> made when it was thrown up are going to cost or even when the
> remedial works are going to start.

Castlepointless - ill conceived on so many levels!

> Considering I spend most of my life researching the past I cannot
> just move on. Where I live was a part of Southamptonshire for
> hundreds of years and has only been moved into Dorset in very recent
> times for purely political reasons to provide 'townie' voters for East
> Dorset as a counter balance to the more conservative rural population.

A nice bit of gerrymandering never hurt no one - keeps the voters on
their toes!

I like the sound of Southamptonshire - it reminds me of the Mark
Radcliffe gags a la Southamptonceistershire!

Anyway Jon, I wasn't having a go, honest, just a bit of gentle leg-pulling.

Sean