Re: [Hampshire] Re: Gimp "This tool has no options"

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: Gimp "This tool has no options"
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 at 12:38:34AM +0000, Victor Churchill wrote:
> On 15/11/2007, Victor Churchill <victorchurchill@???> wrote:
> > I am trying to do some image manipulation using Gimp...Suggestions...?
>
> typical.
>
> Found it:
> Image->Mode->RGB .

I was going to say that gif is a small palette based format and a lot
of options don't work unless it's in something a bit more useful. This
is not uncommon, other graphics tools will refuse to work with gifs,
you normally need to convert them into a workable format, manipulate
then convert back on save.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Like dreams, statistics are a form of wish fulfilment.
    -- Jean Baudrillard