Re: [Hampshire] was Virtual Box

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] was Virtual Box
> The processor fan rotates when I switch the system on

So we know it's powered. But CPU fans have 3 connectors; the third one is
a pulse so that the MoBo can measure rotation speed.

On a few fans I've used, poor connection means that the MoBo thinks the
fan is stationary (even when it isn't), and refuses to boot.

> I don't know what the local shop that sells AMD stuff would have. I
> don't think they have a 'used processor' bin but I haven't
> actually asked as it isn't the shop I normally use for computer bits
> (and they don't do AMD unfortunately).

Jamie's had a whole load of AthlonXP 2000s. That'd be worth a call...

Vic.