Re: [Hampshire] was Virtual Box

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] was Virtual Box
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:55:24 -0000 (GMT)
"Vic" <lug@???> wrote:

> > The processor fan rotates when I switch the system on
>
> So we know it's powered. But CPU fans have 3 connectors; the third
> one is a pulse so that the MoBo can measure rotation speed.
>
> On a few fans I've used, poor connection means that the MoBo thinks
> the fan is stationary (even when it isn't), and refuses to boot.

I'll put a hard drive in the box and see if wiggling will do anything

> > I don't know what the local shop that sells AMD stuff would have.
> > I don't think they have a 'used processor' bin but I haven't
> > actually asked as it isn't the shop I normally use for computer
> > bits (and they don't do AMD unfortunately).
>
> Jamie's had a whole load of AthlonXP 2000s. That'd be worth a
> call...

I have had an offer of a processor if I collect it from the
'offeree' and I think it worth the trip to get one as it includes a
m/b.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package