Re: [Hampshire] Impressed with gOS - simplicity itself, for …

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Impressed with gOS - simplicity itself, for the right people
Brian Chivers wrote:
>> I quite fancied one of the gOS dev boards [1] that are available for
>> $60. Basically a low-power VIA micro-ATX board that looks like it
>> would make a nice little home server, but currently only on sale in
>> the US I think, add postage and VAT and suddenly they are less
>> attractive.
>>
>> Speaking of simplicity, the Eee PC [2] is attracting a lot of
>> attention right and I may get one for a present/incentive for each of
>> my twins if they do well in the GCSE exams next year - they'd be
>> great for college I think. Might get one as a present for myself too
>> - I need to find a bank to rob first though as I would also like to
>> purchase a Canon G9 camera to replace my aging G3 and rekindle my
>> interest in making pictures.
>
> I've got 6 on order so when they arrive, hopefully end of next week
> I'll let you all know about them if you like

Greedy!

:-P

Seriously, yes please Brian, I would be very interested to know what
they are like.

What have you gone for, the 2GB/256Mb or the 4GB/512Mb version? What
sort of price did you get them for? Presumably you bought them as an
academic organisation, as opposed to a private individual?

I have just asked a mate in SF if he will forward on one of the gOS dev
boards, as the company that are flogging them aren't shipping outside of
the US. I reckon that will make for a nice little always up machine that
bridges the gap between a proper pc and my Slug.

Sean