Re: [Hampshire] Impressed with gOS - simplicity itself, for …

Author: Brian Chivers
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Impressed with gOS - simplicity itself, for theright people
Alan Pope wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 14:55 +0000, Brian Chivers wrote:
>> Sean Gibbins wrote:
>>> Speaking of simplicity, the Eee PC [2] is attracting a lot of attention
>>> right and I may get one for a present/incentive for each of my twins if
>>> they do well in the GCSE exams next year - they'd be great for college I
>>> think. Might get one as a present for myself too - I need to find a bank
>>> to rob first though as I would also like to purchase a Canon G9 camera
>>> to replace my aging G3 and rekindle my interest in making pictures.
>> I've got 6 on order so when they arrive, hopefully end of next week I'll let you all know about them
>> if you like
>>

> I have a couple of these on order also. I ordered the 4GB/512MB ones for
> wife and daughter. I'll probably wait until next year for the 10"
> version for myself.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

I spoke to our disti today who's just got off the phone with ASUS, apparently they have been waiting
on an allocation of 4000! but only have 1000 units arriving on Thursday, of which Misco will get
their allocation (who we've ordered from), apparently there is a huge demand for these and they
cannot manufacture them quick enough! they obviously marketed them very well.

These Eee-pc's are now used by RM networks (schools network people) re-badged as a "RM minibook"

Brian

                the views of Portsmouth College