Re: [Hampshire] Partition Formats

Author: Chris. Aubrey-Smith
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Partition Formats
> If it's served via the LAN, it doesn't matter what format the disk is
> (Windows PCs can't write to ext3 but there is no problem with Samba using
> ext3 partitions because the clients use the SMB protocol rather than
> direct read/write to the disk).
>
> Keith Edmunds

That's what I thought... hence the question!

So far, I've managed to re-format it (GParted via USB) and ping the device
on the LAN.

Unfortunately, due to a bizarre accident yesterday involving a glass-topped
coffee table, that's as far as I've gone. My typing is going to be somewhat
impaired for a while, so further experimentation will have to wait....

Chris.