[Hampshire] Creative Zen 4GB MP3 Video player + Gnomad2 on U…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Creative Zen 4GB MP3 Video player + Gnomad2 on Ubuntu Gutsy
I have bought a Zen for my daughter for Christmas and am trying to iron
out any wrinkles in good time - it's most unusual for me to be this far
ahead of the game!

Anyway, having installed Gnomad2 and hooked the Zen up, I get the
following error from Gnomad2:

No jukeboxes found on USB bus

'lsusb' reveals the following:

root@leela:/home/ellen# lsusb
Bus 005 Device 007: ID 041e:4157 Creative Technology, Ltd

Which would appear to contradict the error from Gnomad2.

Anyone else out there with a Zen and some advice to offer?

Most of the stuff in the Ubuntu forums seems to point towards compiling
from source which I'd like to avoid if I can - it sort of goes against
the easy maintenance pitch I sold Ubuntu on!

Sean