RE: [Hampshire] Asus Eee PC video review

Author: Noble R.M.
To: Alan Pope, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
New-Topics: Re: [Hampshire] gOS comments
Subject: RE: [Hampshire] Asus Eee PC video review

> Saw this today and thought people might be interested in it.
>
> http://www.unwiredshow.tv/2007/10/31/14-asus-eee-pc/
>
> He reviews the Eee PC (200 quid Linux Based PC) and seems to quite like
> it.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Wow, that guy is "super" irritating. Good review though and always good to see linux making inroads in the non-tux media.

Does anyone know anymore about gOS though and who's actually behind it? I'm guessing Asus didn't develop it themselves. I tried a livecd the other day and thought it was brilliantly simple, though lacking on features for a main desktop.....great for mini-laptops though, especially at £200.

I want one.

Rob

Department of Chemistry
University of Southampton