Re: [Hampshire] Benefits of top-posting?

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Benefits of top-posting?
>> It's not lazy, it's just the default so people use it.
>
> I think it is lazy. A properly interleaved reply looks better and
> reads better, but writing one takes more care and attention than
> bashing out a quick top-posted response.

Many moons ago, I was forced to use Outlook Express at $dayjob. For the
first time, I actually started to nuderstand why people top-posted.

Trying to keep the indentation right when you break a paragraph is really
tricky. We had a corprat standard to use RTF ot HTML rather that proper
text, so even keeping the colours right was proving difficult.

> Most of the top-posted
> emails I see at work would have been better carried out as an IM
> conversation.

Many top-posted emails would be better not carried out at all :-)

Vic.