Re: [Hampshire] smbfs

Author: Alex Phillips
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] smbfs
On Nov 24, 2007 3:45 PM, Steve Kemp <steve@???> wrote:

> The problem with Samba came about because they released a patch for
> a security problem, the patch contained a regression which was
> only spotted after it was made available by several distributions.
>
> I *knowingly* released the Debian security update for Samba on Friday
> with that same regression present - as I figured that was better than
> leaving Debian Etch users vulnerable.
>
> ---- SNIP-----
>
> Steve
> --

So should I be concerned that my server hasn't downloaded any updates
to samba, and a check of http://packages.debian.org/etch/samba shows
that its not actually available for arm servers ?

Is there any way of finding out why it isn't available ? I suspect its
due to a shortage of build servers, but it could be that the bugs
fixed in the latest verson don't apply to non-FPU code.

Yours curiously,

Alex.