[Hampshire] Fedora 8 DVD problems

Author: Rob Malpass
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Fedora 8 DVD problems
Hi all

I'm having a few problems getting a newly burned Fedora 8 DVD to work. I'm
getting a "Could not find kernel image: linux" error.

To the best of my knowledge, the DVD has burned ok - here's how I did it.

1) Downloaded the iso (2.7Gb)
2) Checked (via sha1) that the checksum matched
3) Here's where there could be a problem. For good reasons, I have no way
to record DVDs on a Linux box. So I used Nero in Vista to do the trick.
It seemed to burn ok - except for one thing. I got an error saying block
size (I think) was incorrect. I've tried options of ignoring this and
correcting for it (the only two buttons provided in Nero) and still no dice.

I'm looking to have a play with Fedora around Christmas so a working DVD is
pretty much the first hurdle. Can anyone suggest where I might have gone
wrong. To be honest (apart from video DVDs) I've never burned a data disc
from an iso before.

Cheers
Rob