Re: [Hampshire] Fedora 8 DVD problems

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Fedora 8 DVD problems
Rob Malpass wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm having a few problems getting a newly burned Fedora 8 DVD to
> work. I'm getting a "Could not find kernel image: linux" error.

Rob, I had similar trouble on my main server running F7 and using k3b,
but it worked on my backup server running exactly the same F7 and k3b
(??). I also had problems upgrading from DVD so ended up doing a yum
network upgrade which highlighted problems with other repos. Try
burning the Live CD as you can do an install with that. eBay is a good
source for a disk or next month's Linux Format

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk