[Hampshire] Nas mounting problem

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Nas mounting problem

I am having a strange mounting problem with my NAS, it has a single share
which I have given full open access to on the NAS.

Eventually I will put the entry in the fstab but I have been trying to mount
it manually with the following command as a user

mount //192.168.1.250/share1/mp3 /mnt/mp3

But this results in an error saying only root can do this, if I try as root I
get

root@4[mit]# mount //192.168.1.250/share1/mp3 /mnt/mp3
Password:
31049: session setup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password
pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)
SMB connection failed

But the mp3 share mounts and I have full access to it as a user, and as for
the password it is asking for I don't have a clue, nothing I enter works

Now if I unmount it I get

root@4[mit]# umount //192.168.1.250/share1/mp3 /mnt/mp3
umount: //192.168.1.250/share1/mp3: not found
umount: /mnt/mp3: not mounted

and yes it unmounts

If I put //192.168.1.250/share1/mp3 into Konqueror I can access the mp3 files
as normal with out problem.

Any suggestions

Tim