Re: [Hampshire] Google Analytics

Author: Richard Brown
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Google Analytics
On Nov 27, 2007 9:15 AM, <hantslug@???> wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2007 00:48, Alan Pope wrote:
> > What led you to believe that Google Analytics was in some way doing
> > something nafarious?
>
> Crawling over my computer without my permission, and slowing it to a
> standstill while it harvests information about me, strikes me as
> intrinsically nefarious. :-(

That sounds much more like google desktop indexing. As Alan Pope said,
Analytics is just a piece of javascript to track as you travel through
a website. If it really was analytics that did that, I think the
internet would become unusable for most people, given the number of
sites that use analytics.

--
Richard Brown