Re: [Hampshire] Google Analytics

Author: Graham Bleach
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Google Analytics
Hi Lisi,

On 27/11/2007, hantslug@??? <hantslug@???> wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2007 00:48, Alan Pope wrote:
> > What led you to believe that Google Analytics was in some way doing
> > something nafarious?
>
> Crawling over my computer without my permission, and slowing it to a
> standstill while it harvests information about me, strikes me as
> intrinsically nefarious. :-(

What evidence do you have that Google Analytics has been accessing
resources on your desktop? If such a thing had happened it would not
just be a nasty feature in Google Analytics, but also a security bug
in your web browser.

This is a shot in the dark, but were your concerns prompted by seeing
"Waiting for google-analytics.com ..." in your browser status bar?