Re: [Hampshire] The greatest laptop ever made? (The SUN)

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] The greatest laptop ever made? (The SUN)

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Jim Kissel wrote:

> From the eeeForum imabuddha writes:
> "Last night when I put my eee into suspend by closing the lid it had nearly
> 100% power. Nine hours later I when I woke it up it still showed 60%, and I
> used it for over an hour with full brightness, wifi, etc., and still had
> about 20%.
>
> It seems my eee is only using ~5%/hour in suspend. I only have the stock
> 512MB ram, and I wonder if those with 1 or 2MB ram are seeing the higher
> suspend power usage."
> http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=3282

That sounds like it roughly matches what I've seen.

>From my tests I've found that 12 hours in suspend uses around 50-60% of

the battery charge. Which again seems power hungry to me, my Thinpad can
spend 48 hours suspended and still have enough power to boot back up and
be usable for at least 10-15 minutes.

However it's mostly a moot point for me as the fact the Eee crashes on
suspend fairly regularly means I try to avoid using it unless I really
need to because I just can't trust it.

Andy