Re: [Hampshire] The greatest laptop ever made? (The SUN)

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] The greatest laptop ever made? (The SUN)

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Samuel Penn wrote:

> The other advantage the P7 had, was 8hr+ battery life (whilst in constant
> use). This really makes it hard to find a successor, since any replacement
> would also need wireless (which the P7 never had).

Yes but technology marches on. With the extended battery my JVC (which
even with said battery isn't much bigger than the Eee) runs for close to
six hours and that's a laptop with an standard IDE HD. While eight hours
would be nice a solid six is probably acceptable, much less and I can't
use it for a day without finding somewhere to recharge.

> If I ever find anything close, I'm sure there's plenty on this list who
> would be interested :-)

That's probably true, personally I still lament Psion's decision to pull
out of the handheld market.

> (The N810 looks interesting, but I'm not sure what the battery life
> is like).

I agree the N810 looks interesting, but all I've seen so far is pretty
marketing blurb and re-hashes of the Nokia press release, no real details,
no definite price and no hard release date.

Maybe I'll take a closer look early next year.

Andy