Re: [Hampshire] DVD burning 101

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DVD burning 101

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Gibbins" <sean@???>
To: "Hampshire LUG Discussion List" <hampshire@???>
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 10:33 AM

> Rob Malpass wrote:
>>
>> 2) Do we know of any issues burning isos with Windows (Nero)
>> software? At present, I don't have a DVD writer on a Linux box.
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> Without wishing to spend your hard-earned cash for you (so easy to do!),
> go get one!
>
> Even local stores are selling them at less than 20 quid for
> well-specified, branded units.
>
> Sean

Hi Sean

Couldn't agree more - I'm happy to buy a DVD writer for my Ubuntu box but
I'm puzzled as to why these Windows machines (one Vista, one XP) can't burn
an iso properly - given the iso itself is correct according to the checksum.

Out of interest, when I swapped my graphics card, the Ubuntu transition
wasn't seamless - is swapping a CDRW for a DVDRW anything to worry about?

Cheers
Rob