Re: [Hampshire] aldi graphics tablet

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] aldi graphics tablet
On 30/11/2007, Clive Woodfine <clivewoodfine@???> wrote:

> Many thanks again Jacqui. I plan to go to the Romsey Aldi on Sunday so
> hope to buy a tablet then. Thanks for the tip about the bags. I have
> just received the email about Sundays special buys.
>
> --
> Clive Woodfine

I now have my tablet and it works "sort of" under Ubuntu 7.10, however
I cannot get pressure sensitivity to work in The Gimp. It seems to be
recognised as "WALTOP International Corp. Slim Tablet" under Gimp
Preferences (Configure Input Controller - Linux Input) but says Device
Not Available: Permission Denied.

Also I had my mouse set for left handed use so I was confused by the
pop up menu keeping appearing when I touched the pen on the tablet.

Clive Woodfine