Re: [Hampshire] aldi graphics tablet

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] aldi graphics tablet
On 03/12/2007, Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.caren@???> wrote:
> I remember an article on this some time ago - it involves configuring X
> to detect the pen sensitivity. As I have never bother with this I
> cannot help much.

I thought xorg.conf might need configuring but have not had time to
search what to do yet.

> Does the tablet comes with both mouse and pen?

No, just the pen with 2 replacement tips. Do these wear out?

> Mime did - and the Gimp under winodws detects both pen and mouse.
> I.e. I can configure the mouse as one 'pen' and the pen to do a
> different action.

Under XP after installing the driver PhotoElements responds to more
pressure by drawing a wider line.

What I do find confusing is picking up the mouse pointer in the same
place after lifting the pen out of range of the tablet area. The
aspect ratio of the tablet and my 1280x800 laptop screen is roughly
the same. The pen will move the pointer nearly the whole width if I
start in the right place but it is easy to get only half screen
movement.

--
Clive Woodfine