Re: [Hampshire] aldi graphics tablet

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] aldi graphics tablet
Clive Woodfine wrote:
> On 03/12/2007, Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.caren@???> wrote:
>
>>I remember an article on this some time ago - it involves configuring X
>>to detect the pen sensitivity. As I have never bother with this I
>>cannot help much.
>

> I thought xorg.conf might need configuring but have not had time to
> search what to do yet.
>

>>Does the tablet comes with both mouse and pen?
>

> No, just the pen with 2 replacement tips. Do these wear out?

I got a mouse and pen - no extra tips but I use it infrequently
(during summer to work on doggie show pictures.

>>Mime did - and the Gimp under winodws detects both pen and mouse.
>>I.e. I can configure the mouse as one 'pen' and the pen to do a
>>different action.

Does sound like it is a different thing.

> Under XP after installing the driver PhotoElements responds to more
> pressure by drawing a wider line.

> What I do find confusing is picking up the mouse pointer in the same
> place after lifting the pen out of range of the tablet area. The
> aspect ratio of the tablet and my 1280x800 laptop screen is roughly
> the same. The pen will move the pointer nearly the whole width if I
> start in the right place but it is easy to get only half screen
> movement.

tablets usually have two setting absolute and relative.

On mine I use absolute for the pen and relative for the mouse.

I draw fine cut curves with the pen and tend to click fiill areas or
do rough erases with the mouse.

I will be at the next surrey BAB and will have the laptop and tablet
with me.

Jacqui