Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Virgin cable modems

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Virgin cable modems
On Wednesday 05 December 2007 19:48, John Cooper wrote:
> I have to say that once installed, NTL cable is
> far more reliable than BT exchange based ADSL. I've had 3 outages from
> my Tiscali connection already (one exchange line fault, one Tiscali
> network plus another where I had to reset the connection using the USB
> modem, yuk)

May I tentatively suggest, John, that the problem to which you refer is a
Tiscali one, not a generic BT exchange based ADSL problem?

My Zen connection has had one outage in over three years, which may have been
due to my router, and a very short spate of periodic 10 sec outages on Monday
mornings. And yes, that was due to BT's exchange. And Zen was more than
willing to take up the cudgels on my behalf. It was I who thought such tiny
outages for a brief period were not worth a fuss.

At the moment BT is recabling the village. I have not had a single outage.

Lisi