[Hampshire] DVD burning software

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] DVD burning software
Hi all

OK - my quest to burn a DVD iso continues but sadly continues to fail.

I have this morning installed a DVD writer into my Ubuntu box. It seems to
be working fine in as much as I can read and play DVDs no problem.
However, I'm still trying to burn this darned Fedora
iso. So I downloaded gnomebaker and clicked Tools- Burn DVD image,
selected the iso (correct checksum) and literally 3 seconds later, it said
it had finished.

I've tried other images and it either takes 2m30s and tells me it's done
(but it isn't) or it says finished after 3 seconds.

Quite what the next step is I don't know - any advice very welcome.

Incidentally, thanks to all who offered me a Fedora 8 DVD (and I will take
one of you up on it) but I'd like to sort out this "burning issue" (sorry -
awful pun) if I can.

Cheers
Rob