Re: [Hampshire] DVD burning software

Author: Chris Dennis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DVD burning software

>> On Thu, Dec 06 at 12:00, Rob Malpass wrote:
>>> OK - my quest to burn a DVD iso continues but sadly continues to fail.
>>> iso. So I downloaded gnomebaker and clicked Tools- Burn DVD image,
>>> selected the iso (correct checksum) and literally 3 seconds later, it said
>>> it had finished.

I know the OP has solved the problem, but I'll just add this observation.

I've found the GnomeBaker works fine on my Dell laptop with Ubuntu
Gutsy. It reveals (if asked) the actual command that it runs for
burning a disk (in this case burning an .iso file to a dvd) -- it was
something along the lines of

    dd if=foo.iso of=/dev/scd0 bs=32k   # details may be wrong!

In other words, dd may be all that is required to copy a .iso file to an
optical disk.

cheers

Chris
--