Re: [Hampshire] DVD burning software

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DVD burning software

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Davies" <stephen.davies@???>
To: <hampshire@???>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 12:26 PM

> Rob,
> I ALWAYS used K3b for CD & DVD Burning on Linux.
>
> I don't bother with the gnome utilities even though I use it as my
> desktop.
>
> Have you verified that both the md5sum & sha1sum's are correct?
> Stephen Davies

Thanks for this - but can I run k3b under gnome? One of the reasons I'm
going to give Fedora a go over Christmas is I'll be running kde on it - but
I won't be running anything unless I can get this DVD burned!

Latest developments are:
1) I've successfully burned an mpg to a blank disk. Interestingly the
Ubuntu box couldn't read it back - but put the same disk in a Windows
machine and it read it no problem.
2) I've just put a LXF DVD in the drive and while I can mount it with

mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt

but here's an oddity. I click on the DVD+RW icon in Nautilus and the
contents pops up fine - then disappears about a second later as it takes me
to my home directory.

Cheers
Rob