Re: [Hampshire] [OT] DVB-T channels

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] DVB-T channels
On Thursday 06 Dec 2007, Vic wrote:
> > I have just taken delivery of a portable dvb-t TV.
>
> A new one? As in, under warranty?
>
> > It CAN'T read:
> >
> > The ITV multiplex (ch 28) BBC4 (ch 32) and Film4 (33) are
> > ignored.
>
> Send it back.
>
> Even my cheapie Asda special can read those. Your telly is just
> faulty.
>
> Vic.

I'm afraid you're probably right and it will have to go back. It's a
PayPal / eBay job so not totally straightforward (especially when the
vendor has gone quiet) but I'll get there in the end - PayPal have
been very good for me over disputes in the past. I've contacted a
number of other purchasers so we're keeping one another informed.

From the point of view of this list it's more that it's an interesting
technical question as to how it can manage some multiplexes and not
others.

ATB, Peter