Re: [Hampshire] DVD burning software

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DVD burning software
On 06/12/2007, Rob Malpass <rob@???> wrote:

> [...]

You can run k3b under gnome. during the k3b install, it pulls in just
enough of kde for it to work.
I think k3b uses the command line program called "growisofs", from the
dvd+rw-tools package.
growisofs is very easy to use.
 growisofs   [-dry-run]   [-dvd-compat]  [-overburn]  [-speed=1]  -[Z|M]
       /dev/dvd <genisoimage-options>
To use growisofs to write a pre-mastered ISO-image to a DVD:
            growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso

growisofs is only for DVDs, not CDs.