Re: Success! [Hampshire] DVD burning software

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: Success! [Hampshire] DVD burning software
On Thursday 06 December 2007 13:42, Rob Malpass wrote:
> At long last, I have a "working" Fedora 8 DVD.   The winning formula - k3b
> - turns out you can run kde applications under gnome.
>
> As I type, the Fedora installer is checking the disk

When you use K3B, there is a box you can tick that means that K3B will burn
the DVD/CD, spit it out, immediately swallow it again, check it and spit it
out with a message saying whether it is binary equal to the original you
burnt from.

I find this facility very useful and have it set as default.

It also tells you initially what the md5sum of the image you propose to burn
is, and you can check at that stage that it is what it ought to be.

I have had and tried to run many a failed disk - but never when I have run
both these tests.

HTH
Lisi